Juxtaposition describes my life and work beautifully. From farm girl to International artist, I learned to appreciate the simple life on the farm, but also take in the rich European culture. I use vintage things such as old books, magazines, or photographs, and I find modern pictures of people and places and create something new. Creating art for a cause such as awareness for Human Trafficking, adoption, or advocating for women and children is also important to me.
10 fun facts
1. I attended 12 different schools growing up.
2. In college I met my husband.
3. I was a super shy person and didn't go to a public art school, so I opted for a small Christian school close to home.
4. One of my favorite places to be is driving on a country road seeing the sunset over the cornfields in Nebraska.
5. My favorite drink is an iced Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.
6. I won two Art contests in school that shaped me.
7. One of my favorite movies is Annie.
8. I devour self help books, entrepreneur type, etc. I like a good biography as well.
9. Music? I sometimes need high energy and other times I need a chill vibe.
10. One of the Places that inspire me are the woods.
"Be so good they can't ignore you."
Word of the Year
Progress > Perfection
Less > More
Quality > Quantity
Experience > Things
Milan Art Institute 2019-2020
Entered in the ArtxFreedom contest July 2020. To help bring awareness to Human Trafficking and was in the top 20 finalist.
Participated in Inktober Challenge in 2020 & 2021.
Participated in #the100daychallenge where I painted 100 paintings in 100 days to also bring awareness to Human Trafficking.
EuropArtFair 2021 in Amsterdam.
NordicArt Fair 2021 in Copenhagen.
Curated the Shape International Library Exhibit with 7 artists worldwide.
Luxembourg Art Fair 2022